The Start Menu is the first menu presented when the editor is launched. It allows the player to:
- Create new mods from existing ones or delete them
- Edit basic data about mods (faction, multiplayer allowed etc.)
- Edit their content such as decisions
- On the left-hand portion of the menu, the installed mods are displayed in a list, with the main game displayed as the first entry, called "Terminal Conflict"
- Clicking on an entry will highlight the mod and, on the right-hand portion of the menu, will display its basic information
- Clicking on will display a dialog prompting the player to choose a name for the new mod being created, which will be initialized with all the files and values from the selected mod
- If the mod can be edited, an "X" will be prepended allowing the user to delete the mod entirely if clicked ; no confirmation is asked.
- The mods installed by default can't be edited from within the editor. For them, the Edit button is displayed as darkened , whereas for new mods that the user creates the Edit button is enabled . In this case, clicking on it will bring the user to the Edit Menu, where the selected mod's content can be modified.
- When selecting a mod, the right-hand portion of the menu displays its basic information such as the image displayed, the title, etc.
- Some of its properties, such as the image and the faction, can be edited by clicking on them
- The faction determines what faction will the player play as. If set to ALL, it means the mod can be played in multiplayer mode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.